Do you have scrap metal?

Proudly serving the tri-state area, American Recycling can provide on-site service. We purchase everything from a single bag of aluminum cans to scrap vehicles, to trailers full of miscellaneous scrap metal.

Providing efficient service for all your scrap metal needs

Our state-of-the-art recycling facility is equipped to handle all types of non-ferrous and ferrous scrap metals. The equipment at our facility automatically sorts, separates, and bales, which enables us to provide quick and effective service.

We Accept The Following Materials:

  • Heavy & Light Steel
  • Cars
  • Aluminum
  • Brass
  • Copper
  • Car & Industrial Batteries
  • Stainless Steel
  • Lead
  • Computer Boards
  • Die Cast
  • And more!
Scrap Metal | Mays Landing, NJ | American Recycling | 609-965-2900

Why Recycle?

  • 42% of crude steel is made from recycled material.
  • The aluminum can is the most recycled consumer product in the United States.
  • Roughly 70% of all metal is used only once and then thrown away. The remaining 30% is recycled. After 5 cycles only .25% (one quarter of one percent) of the original metal remains in circulation.
  • When you throw away an aluminum can you are wasting the equivalent amount of energy of filling up that same can with gasoline and pouring it on the ground.
  • In as little as 60 days a recycled aluminum can be back on the supermarket shelf as a new can.
  • Mining wastes, air pollution, and water pollution are reduced by about 70% when a steel mill uses recycled metal scraps.
  • Over 60% of all cans in a supermarket are made of steel.
  • According to the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc. (2012), “Energy saved using recycled materials is up to: 92% for aluminum, 87% for plastic, 56% for steel, 90% for copper, 68% for paper, and 34% for glass” (p. 8)
Aluminum Recycling | Mays Landing, NJ | American Recycling | 609-965-2900

We are open to the public, so if dropping it off at our facility is more convenient, we look forward to meeting you!

American Auto Salvage & Recycling, Inc.
3113 Route 50
Mays Landing, NJ 08330
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 7am- 5pm
Saturday 7am- 1pm

609-965-2900

American Iron & Metal International, LLC
301 S. 12th Street
Millville, NJ 08332
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 7am- 5pm
Saturday 7am- 2pm

856-825-2950

 

Site Map